• St. Anthony's Junior College, Agra

In 1933 St. Anthony’s constructed the Hall. As Agra became the headquarters of the Central Command in 1942, the School’s enrolment rose to 240 pupils. Independence brought an influx of Indian pupils varying in background, culture and creed. So in 1952 “Josephine Block”, a set of four spacious rooms built, relieved the difficulties of overcrowding, at least for a short time.

As numbers increased still further and the School was upgraded to Class VIII, “Claudine Block” was constructed. St. Anthony’s was then declared a “girls’ only” school. To meet the demands of further upgradation, “Marian Block” was constructed in 1980.

The open air stage provides opportunities for outdoor functions. The vast grounds give scope for games and sports. Accommodation for Sisters moving out of the K. G. Block led to the renovation, extension and sanitary facilities of the Annex. The helpers moved out and “Dina Block” was the new Convent of the Sisters.

St. Anthony’s sought affiliation to the Anglo-Indian Board of Education for the ICSE in 1984 and sent up its first batch of ICSE Students. In 1986 the institution became a centre for the ICSE Board Examination and in 1998 the institution sent up its first batch of ISC Students.

St. Anthony’s has maintained a high standard in English and after Independence in Hindi too! Music had a place of prime importance in the curriculum. In 1949 the School was fully equipped with an Indian Orchestra.

From a very insignificant beginning, the institution has grown by leaps and bounds not only in terms of infrastructure, but also imparting quality education and discipline, and living up to the homely values that were cherished by the Foundress St. Claudine Thevenet.

Many interested visitors came to the school during the years of expansion, including Archbishop Vanni, an old friend of the school, who paid a tribute of praise for the good work done.